On another note, the Center for Disease Control recently released the National Health Interview Survey for the first quarter of 2015. Asthma is a serious health problem for many children in the United States. Key findings from this survey are:
- For children under age 15, asthma prevalence was highest among non-Hispanic black children (17.7%)
- Current asthma prevalence was higher among females than males for all ages.
- An estimated 8.2% of persons of all ages in the U.S. currently have asthma.
- 4.3% of persons of all ages experienced an asthma episode in the past 12 months.
- Black children under 15 were 2x more likely to have had an asthma attack than Hispanic or white children.
- 5% of Hispanic, 4.2% of white, and 5.1% of black persons over age 15 had an asthma episode last year.
You can open up the actual CDC findings here: National Health Interview Survey Early Release Program
If you are interested in pursing relief from your allergies or breathing problems, please call our office to set up an appointment.
To our good health,
Family Acupuncture Clinic
3525 Lomita Blvd., Suite 101
Torrance, California 90505